Drivers who are caught sending text messages while at the wheel of their vehicles are to receive increased fines as part of a crackdown on careless and dangerous driving announced by the government.
Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin has confirmed that a range of offences, which are currently punishable by a £60 fine, will be subject to a penalty of £90 in addition to three penalty points being added to the driver’s licence. In addition to texting while driving, offenders who make or receive calls on a handheld device, eat at the wheel, pass red lights or tailgate others will also be targeted.
New laws aimed at curbing driving under the influence of drugs are also to be introduced although the existing drink-driving limit is to remain unchanged.
A fleet of minibuses from our Manchester Trafford Park branch were kitted up for the trip to Wembley Stadium for the FA Cup Final on Saturday! Both groups of Wigan and Man City fans renting from us got a surprise when they found their mini-buses had a football themed make-over!
Well done to Wigan Fans winning 1-0! They have already booked another 17 seater for the FA Charity shield at the start of the season also at Wembley!
Whiplash and Motor Accidents in the UK
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries that can be sustained from a motor vehicle accident, but unfortunately it is also one of the easiest to fake. There are 550,000 whiplash claims a year in the UK, a statistic which is known to be exacerbated by con artists looking to make some easy cash.
The sun is shining and the bank holiday is fast approaching, so why not escape the Capital and head to the coast or the countryside. We’ve still got a few cars left in London so book now and don’t miss out! Visit sixt.co.uk to book now!
Astonishing car gives unparallelled fuel efficiency
Volkswagen unveiled the concept vehicle, the VW XL1, at the Qatar motor show back in 2011. The combination of attractive lines, modern features and the exciting fuel efficiency numbers gave many cause to stop and stare, and the car has been featured in the media and across the internet since.
It is one of the most popular and fought over modern debates; who are the worst drivers, men or women? Inevitably people involved in these debates fall into two camps. Those people who believe it is women and those who believe it is men.
Others believe that men and women can be criticised separately for specific areas of driving, such as parking and braking at the appropriate time. However, the focus of this debate is now focused on which of the sexes is the worst learner driver and evidence and statistics have been provided suggest that it is women.
SIXT RENT A CAR UK
Chesterfield (Head Office)
- We’re looking for high-calibre individuals who want to contribute to the company’s sales targets and goals from the outset. Creation of collateral marketing material including sales brochures, newsletters, leaflets, in-branch posters etc.
- Concept development and implementation of for in-branch campaigns
- Customer relationship management
- Driving sales through email marketing
- Manage relationships with existing partners including hotels and airlines
- Organisation of events, fairs and shows
- Useful information? (do they have good advice, quality information about travelling)
- Usability (how easy is it to navigate through the blog)
- Advertising (are the blogs crammed with too many adverts?)
- Quality advice and recommendations (is there anything else they need to add into their blog?)
- Useful Information: The author is currently working in China, so the articles are focused on that region for now. Would be great for more varied information.
- Usability: lots of information all on the homepage.
- Advertising: None!
- Quality recommendations: Less information on 1 page and divide it all into more pages
Whether we make it for pleasure or business, Geneva is a city where you have good stop, especially when the first rays are again appearing on the second Swiss city. So, to fully enjoy and prolong this moment, why not opt for a luxury car rental?
Time for a break
Even when we are in Geneva for business, it is good to take a break. What better while spending the afternoon at a cafe or restaurant that is gently warmed by the spring sun, for example the famous restaurant of Park renowned for its Bastions early part of last century, the Café de Paris or the Café Art’s renowned as the Café St Germain in Paris.
Sixt offers luxury cars for rent, whether to go for your business or leisure visit.
Among the models high-end, you can crack the sublime choice for the German E-Klasse Cabrio from Mercedes, a sport model with the Peugeot RCZ or Range Rover Sport or for the latest in off-road BMW range, the BMW X3.
Sixt rent a car have opened in its newest car rental location at Birmingham Airport! To celebrate, We are offering up to 20% off car hire at Birmingham Airport!
Already well established in London with over 20 rental locations, Sixt is certain to be a welcome addition to an airport that services one of the UK’s most popular destinations!