Sixt’s Top Five Travel apps
According to Apple News Apple has recently celebrated its 25th billion download from the app store (wow!) With over a whopping 550,000 thousand apps to choose from, Sixt have chosen our top five apps for all you nomads out there!
1. Trip it – This one stop organiser is great for keeping all your itineraries in one place as it automatically saves email confirmations of your flights, hotels, car rental etc as well as syncing it to your calendar, it also has the option to automatically share your reservations via social media platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn, a very clever app, like a personal PA!
2. Kayak – This app makes it easy for travellers to compare hundreds of travel sites at once for the top flight, car hire and hotel deals, whilst also tracking your flight status, managing itineraries as well as accessing vital contact information for your journey.
3. Fuel Smart – This nifty little app helps travellers pin point the cheapest fuel prices near to you (from 2 to 30 miles away). The app monitors over 9000 petrol stations across the UK, and you can also download a US, PT, and IE version for when you are travelling abroad.
4. Urban Spoon – This app can help you find recommended local restaurants simply by ‘shaking’ your phone! if you would rather have more control of your choice, this app holds a comprehensive list of eateries filtered by neighbourhood, cuisine or price, you can also see reviews fellow eaters and newspapers, and finally! make a reservation!
5. Sixt – Priding ourselves on being the first fully functional iPad app in the car rental business the Sixt rent a car app lets travellers make use of our fully functional online booking system for both cars and vans whether for UK travel or abroad, as well as an option to create your own user-profile, so you can save your preferences, and a GPS system which can work out the nearest branch to your desired location.